Tuesday 1 November 2011

Not A Poem.

So I was having a discussion with some wonderful people today.
For some reason, while I was speaking with these incredible beings, a strange conversation came up.
All the sudden, I was telling the story of how one day I had a confusing conversation with my mother.
I was eleven years old and very much a tomboy. I refused to wear anything but boy's clothes and my hat. My brothers were my idols and I wanted to be just like them. (I was also ridiculously jealous of the fact that they could go to the washroom while standing up) The only thing that differed was the fact that I loved boys. I never shared this fact with anyone, because I was afraid of being mocked.

Anyways- now that you have the back story, this is a paraphrase of the conversation my mother and I shared:

- "Honey, do you like girls?"
"Yes..?"
- "No, honey.. I mean do you like girls?"
"Um.. yes? I have lots of girl friends?"
- "No, I mean do you think that girls are pretty? Like, would you ever want to really like a girl?"
*flabbergasted expression* "OH MY GOODNESS, MOM. NO! I love boys! Did you know I've had a crush on Cole Sprouse from the Suite Life of Zack and Cody for years?! He's the cutest thing ever! Ohmigosh, ohmigosh, ohmigosh."
- "Oh.. Oh no."

... It went something like that. Just thought I'd share. I find the awkward questions our parents feel obliged to ask us sometimes quite humorous.

1 comment:

  1. Okay ... So our conversation didn't go quite like that but yes...we did have that kind of conversation.
    You know your mama, I ask all the tough questions because that's what I do.
    We aren't very different my love.
    hahaha...you'll see!

    ReplyDelete