Sunday 27 November 2011

my will.

when that day comes; i don't want you to be angry at the world
i don't want you to hate life for being unfair
i want you to cry because you're sad for the loss
i want you to smile because you know that i love you

when the inevitable day arrives, i don't want to be pitied
i want to be respected for my acceptance of fact
i want others to be able to accept it, too
i don't want you to believe you could've controlled fate

on the day i am lain to rest, i don't want my body to be another seed planted into the ground
i want to be set free into the world that i love
i want to visit the sea of waves again
i don't want to be placed inside a jar

my body is not my soul. it is just the container that keeps it safe.
my heart is not the place where i love. it is just the pump that keeps my cheeks red.
my brain is not my ruler. it is just the control system i use to act out that of which i cannot explain.
when i am gone; i shall never truly have left. i shall always have been there.







my body is just a device i use to interact and to share what cannot be seen inside. when it decides to leave, it is not i who dies: after the novel is read, the book may be burned, but the story lives on. the meaning of its life shall never die and its essence shall live forevermore.

3 comments:

  1. I love you and since I plan on "going" way before you...please know I feel the same way. I love you always and I'll be with you that long too, even if the old carcass I live in, dies. You are my sunshine.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're no old carcass.
    You're beautiful and I love you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look which blog I go back to while you're away.
    I know your words here come from growing up with me.
    Our souls seem to "match."
    I love you baby girl.
    Always. When I say that...you know it's true!

    ReplyDelete