Saturday 21 January 2012

The Light.

here's something that i never do!
it's not dark and dreary! :)

there are times when i feel like the plague has taken my soul captive
but in a world that i have created in my mind i am free and healthy
the sun shines bright and we can travel on its rays without worrying about getting burned
we can hop from cloud to cloud and soar of the gusts of wind that lift us off our feet and carry us away
we never have to worry about starving or being thirsty, for the ocean is our friend and provider

take a step toward me, please
oh, you're always so far away
i stretch and i reach, but even at their limit, my limbs cannot extend far enough to reach you
if only i could come in contact
if only i could intertwine my desperate fingers with yours
how they would fit just right

shake me and the dirt and ash shall fall from my skin and come to rest on a ground more welcoming than i
my sins shall fly away and bury themselves in the ground and never rise again
i shall emerge a new soul and shed pleasant tears of glimmering crystals that will plant seeds and grow trees of light that will shimmer for you when your days seem dark

you are the greatest thing i've ever known
your passion, care and love has been shown
and within your light i see myself
and i feel as if the world is right

with eyes like gems that sparkle and gleam, overlaying a heart that shines with dreams
you cannot hear it, but the angels sing for you, for everything you say is none but true
thank you for living and thanks for being alive, because with you around my soul is revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment