Thursday 27 October 2011

I Am The Earth.

My soul flows with the sea
My heart is the tide that breathes in and out
My mind has been set free
It travels on air from the whale’s spout

My eyes are the stars
My lips are canyons dug deep into the earth
My fingers trace the scars
Of our land’s damaged turf

The air gives me hope
That I shall never drown in my sorrow
My people help me cope
They make me look towards my tomorrow

My dress is made from the leaves
Remnants of what the trees have left behind
My heart is what grieves
The day life will choose to be unkind

The clock ticks however it chooses
My feet fly over my head
When someone wins, another loses
The dark feeling drops like lead

My skin is made from the scales
A bright lizard carries on his back each day
My life has no passes, no fails
For each accomplishment, the sun gains a new ray

I am the earth
I am a living thing
I am the ocean’s surf
I am the birds that sing
I am the wind
I am the crackling fire
I am the sinned
I am the great desire

No comments:

Post a Comment